We can help you make sure your family is protected
Starting a family is one of the happiest moments of your life but it also means you need to plan how you will protect them.
Before you have children and if you’re only responsible for your own welfare it’s likely you don’t think about the consequences for your loved ones if you suffered an accident or worse. When you become a parent you need to think about what would happen to your children in such a situation because it’s your responsibility to look after them.
Your ability to earn an income is probably one of your greatest assets so you need to protect yourself, and your children, by getting enough insurance so that if the worst happened your loved ones would suffer less financially.
What to consider if you are becoming a parent:
- Do you have adequate income insurance so that if you were injured you could continue to provide for your family while you recover?
- Will your insurance be enough to pay off your mortgage or provide housing for your family?
- If you are in a relationship with the other parent, will you have enough money to live on if one of you has to take time off work to look after your children?
- Do you want to begin saving for school fees?
- Does your financial plan take into account your new responsibilities?
To find out if you are taking the right steps to protect your loved ones, we recommend you speak to your financial adviser. If you don’t have a financial adviser, we can help you find one.