Goals can take many forms but try to be specific because vague goals like ‘I want to be rich’ are unlikely to provide you with the detail you need to create a financial plan to achieve them
While everyone is different, there are several goals that many people have. To help you get started on setting your goals we’ve listed some of the common ones below:
- Are you looking to buy a house?
- Do you want to send your children to private school?
- Do you want to travel overseas?
- Do you have debts you would like to pay off?
- Do you want to invest in your business?
- Do you want to leave money for your children or grandchildren?
Once you’ve spent some time identifying what you’re trying to achieve, your next step should be to speak to a financial adviser. Your adviser can help you give your goals more detail and quantify what these goals mean in monetary terms. They can then work with you to create a tailored plan that should set you on a path to achieving your goals.