When your family gets sick or injured

Protecting your family from sickness and injury

We can help you protect your family from the financial impact of your partner or children becoming sick or injured

As family units now tend to be more spread out across the country it’s harder than it used to be to ask a grandparent or other relative to help care for your children or partner if they are sick.

This situation is more common than you might expect and if it happened to you then taking time off work may be your only choice. A brief injury or sickness could probably be managed by using your sick leave or carer’s leave but if the problem was more lasting then you would find it difficult to earn an income and be a carer at the same time.

If your partner is not insured then you should talk to your financial adviser about buying insurance to protect them outside super. This insurance cover would provide money that could mean either you stop working to provide care or you can employ a carer so you can keep working.

A financial adviser can look at your situation and help you decide what type of insurance you need to protect your family. To find out more you should speak to your financial adviser. If you don’t have a financial adviser, we can help you find one.

Please enter your postcode

Understanding super

Make better financial decisions and achieve your goals