Community and sustainability
Caring for our community and environment
IOOF was originally established in 1846 in Australia to positively contribute to the lives of individuals and their communities. This objective and our dedication to it remains unchanged today.
We are committed to investing in programs that best serve our customers, our people, our shareholders and the communities in which we operate.
Whether it be through:
- responsible investing
- advocating best advice practices
- sponsoring community events
- employee volunteering and giving programs.
Supporting and positively impacting our community is an important part of our culture at IOOF. Our IOOF Foundation, which has granted over $12 million to programs that support the aged, disadvantaged families, children and young people, over the past 15 years, is testament to our commitment to giving back.
Caring for our environment and reducing our carbon footprint is also important to all of us at IOOF. We continually seek more efficient ways to use resources including:
- encouraging a paperless workplace
- expanding our recycling programs
- reducing energy consumption
- creating more sustainable workplaces.